Partner with the professionals in your community to connect, collaborate, and create 21st century, whole-child learning experiences for students.
Educators... Bring Professionals into Your Classroom!
Create and post amazing ‘Projects’ that require professional assistance so local professionals can apply to help
Choose from the pool of professionals who apply to your project OR request an experience a professional is offering
Discuss and confirm details of experiences and schedule them into your calendar
2. Create and post Projects OR request an Experience a professional is offering.
3. Discuss and confirm details of experiences and schedule them into your calendar
How does TEPHE impact my classroom?
At TEPHE we focus on Sparks, one-time, inspirational, experiences meant to provide new information, point-of-views, and opportunities. On TEPHE you can enhance your classroom in 2 BIG ways:
- Projects – These are created by Educators and published to the professionals in their local area. Professionals find and apply to projects. The project’s creator can then review applicants profiles and accept the best fit.
- Experiences – These are offered by professionals in the community. These can be workshops, lectures, activities, or performances, the possibilities are really endless. Educators can search for and request these experiences with the professionals directly.
TEPHE makes communicating and scheduling with professionals a breeze 🙂
Are professionals ever alone with students?
No! Professionals are NOT responsible for designing lessons, testing understanding, or managing behavior. They are there to assist YOU, the educator, and leverage their expertise in the various ways found fit. With the help of a professional you can host a Q&A, judge a competition, speak about industry specifics, or help groups of students with a presentation! They can decline any request for any reason and there’s no commitments for applying to your posted projects. Even during an experience offered by a professional, let’s say a yogi putting on a yoga sequence, these professionals MUST ALWAYS be supervised by a qualified staff member of the hosting school.
How much does TEPHE cost?
There are 2 types of School Accounts:
- FREE Independent Teacher Accounts – These account provide you access to the professional network in your community, request experiences, create and post projects, review and accept applicants to your projects, and manage all communication and scheduling logistics.
- $100/month School Accounts – These accounts are for entire schools. We provide 40 teacher accounts and 5 admin accounts connected to the same school. Teacher accounts have the same access as the ‘Independent Teacher Account’ (mentioned above). Admin accounts have access to view all the teacher interactions on TEPHE as well as request ‘Career Fair Projects’.
What does the Professional vetting process look like?
Anyone can signup. Once someone signs up they must create a Professional Profile before they have access to the full platform (see any projects). This ensures NO ONE outside the approved TEPHE platform sees any information about schools, projects, etc. We do an internal background check that involves a digital search, personal contact, and run the applicants name through the free sexual predator database. If all looks good we give the professional access. There are 3 ways for professionals to enhance their profile and be more appealing to you.
- Become TEPHE Verified – This is a ‘Best Practices’ test that they must score a 100% on
- Background Check – Using our 3rd-Party online background check they can pay to have a more robust background check
- TB Test – Get tested for TB at their local clinic and submit the results to be TB verified.
Let’s see an example…
Mrs. Brown is a 7th grade math teacher looking to enhance her curriciulm
Mrs. Brown sees that some of her students are disengaged with her math class. She decides to relate the content she is teaching to her disengaged students’ interests by bringing in professionals. She lacks the professional network herself so she signs up to TEPHE.
Mrs. Brown decides to look at her future units and create 5 math projects that utilizes a different professional in various industries. On TEPHE Mrs. Brown can access all of the professionals in her community, find and request experiences created and offered by professionals, and create and post projects that professionals can apply to help with.
Using TEPHE Mrs. Brown invites a series of professionals into her classroom to relate the content she’s teaching to the real-world. Mrs. Brown not only creates projects and accepts applicants but she also request experiences made by professionals, such as a financial planning workshop. Using TEPHE Mrs. Brown can easily pair her academic studies with real-world examples and guest speakers. First, she can search for experiences offered on TEPHE to see if anything can fit her curriculum. Next, she can post projects that detail the specific professionals she feels can fill the role and their responsibility. Mrs. Brown manages all communications and scheduling logistics on TEPHE.
Mrs. Brown’s classroom becomes a place where students are engaged, learning, and discovering. Students in her class have opportunities to discover their strengths, find their passions, and connect classroom learning to the real-world and their lives.